NavBar

home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Erin

Erin 001 Blog...what's a blog? No, I'm not that daft! But I never in a million years thought I would be doing one! Although, I have always thought my career path was quite fascinating! Bright eyed young (and old) things are always asking about details in wedding and event design & planning. Are there really bridezillas? (YES)... What's the craziest wedding you've had? (Bikini Bride with full train say's "I DO" and walks down the aisle with her new husband straight into the pool surrounded by life size lobsters and Rio girls!!). I have literally been told at least once a week that I should write a book on my career and the past of the famous facility I now run! But books are so old school...welcome to the future!
My family has owned the Secret Garden at the famous Las Vegas Racquet Club since 1962. I am 4th generation and initially wanted nothing to do with the business! I graduated with honors in 1995 and went to BYU in hopes of becoming a famous plastic surgeon...yeah, that didn't happen! I worked at a bridal dress shop during college and fell back in love with the magic of weddings! So I grabbed my husband of 8 months and high-tailed it back to Vegas. I've worn every hat there is in event planning & design so I will proceed to tell you the good, the bad, the ugly, & the truth...

So in addition to running a busy wedding facility, a household consisting of a cool (but eye-rolling) husband, two kids almost a decade apart, 3 dogs, 2 cats & a fish; my new "blog job" is to entertain the masses with my outrageous wedding stories, give solid advice for your personal events, as well as tidbits of personal insight to my everyday existence. I hope you are ready for the roller coaster I call normal!

Send any shout outs to erin@whipperberry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment