NavBar

home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Emily

Mommy & Kaya at Wedding 2 - Copy There are two things you need to know about me: one, nothing motivates me more than having FUN! Luckily I have done a very good job surrounding myself with people who keep me grounded – namely my husband. The second thing you need to know is that I love to create! And I'll do just about anything and everything, as long as it involves putting things together to create something new.
I have a passion for colors that resides deep in my soul. I love to paint and play with colors in a variety of ways. Paper crafting has always been my forte, and that involves card making, scrapbooking, and invitation design. I adore party planning and event organizing. I also love to design digitally and create printable publications.
There is one thing I don't do, however. I don't sew. And I mean it - I don't knit, crochet, or even sew on a button. I thought I died and went to heaven the day Mighty Mend-it came out. It has saved me on many occasions from running to my mom's house in a panic. This is not my mother's fault. She tried so hard, but for some reason I took a moral stance against the art and dug in my heels. I haven't put a needle to fabric since. 
I was raised in Las Vegas, and I got married at the mature age of eighteen, only three months after graduating high school. This was not the original plan, but what can I say? The man came in and swooped me off my feet, tripping up all of my independent college plans while he was at it. I did manage to go back to school here and there between having my four babies and becoming domesticated. I went into accounting to balance out my oil painting and creative writing classes. 
I became head of the accounting department of an Italian food warehouse, which abetted my taste for fine food. I started experimenting with all these fabulous imported ingredients (at wholesale cost of course!) and developed an enthusiasm for cooking.
Now I work part time from home, accounting for my brother's business, while looking for ways to have fun and do it all (except sew of course)!

Please email me at emily@whipperberry.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment