NavBar

home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Christene

Me and Adelyn Apprehensive and thrilled don’t often find themselves as neighbors in the same sentence, yet those are the feelings I have fluttering around inside as I introduce myself as the newest WhipperChick. Apprehensive because I have a whole lot of respect for the Ladies who you already know and love, and Thrilled at the thought of sharing with you the things that make me happy.

While I’m a native to Las Vegas, Nevada, I do a tight rope wobble along the fine line of down home country girl and high style elegance. I love the feel of cotton quilted into an heirloom cover you’d love to snuggle under. In the same breath there is a deep appreciation for the design and style of the modern age. Somewhere in between is where you’ll find me, and I love it here!

I’m lucky enough to be married to a handsome hardworking man for the last ten years with four of the cutest little kids you could ever ask for. A sigh of contentment wells up in my breast every time I look at them. A majority of my time is spent weaving a nest worthy of such blessings and when there’s a quiet moment, I write, sew, cook, read and craft. I love being creative.

Writing is my main love, but I’ll admit right now I have a little thing for cooking. My best days involve whipping up something yummy for my little family. There’s nothing as cheering as the smell of homemade bread baking in the oven, a roast melting into tenderness in the Crockpot or chicken noodle soup bubbling on the stove. I’m really good at finding recipes that turn into family favorites and I love hunting for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment